Have you got your hands on your favorite gadget, but there’s this pesky little thing that’s not letting you fully enjoy it: the fact that it’s network locked?
Whether you got your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge from a different carrier for a smaller price, or you want to travel with it and can’t use a local SIM, you’ve got a problem. Here’s how you can solve it quickly and safely, and what added benefits you get for unlocking your phone.
Benefits of Unlocking Your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge
- You get to use your smartphone with any SIM, from any network provider in the world.
- You get rid of unreasonable roaming fees when you travel, as you’ll be able to use a local carrier SIM.
- You increase the value of your phone for reselling it, because unlocked phones usually value more than locked ones.
The Process of Unlocking Your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge
There are several unlocking platforms out there you can use. And even though the unlocking process can’t hurt your phone, choose a reliable one to be sure the code you receive is valid.
- Place your order with a few pieces of information:
- the country and network you bought your phone from
- your IMEI code, which you can find by dialing *#06#
- your email address
- Receive the unlock code in your email (until you receive the code you’ll be able to check the status of your order in real time).
- Insert your unique unlock code on your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge
When you insert a different SIM, you’ll be prompted for a “SIM network unlock PIN”. If not, simply dial #7465625*638*#. Then all you have to do is to insert the unlock code you received in your email. And voila! You can now use your smartphone as you wish. Feel free to share your experience with the unlocking process in a comment below.